"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

[See Previous Post]

That was fun! Actually, I am a little lonely, but I am also surrounded by some excellent new friends. It's the fact that they aren't my other friends...who know me many times better, and have known me for longer. I'm really stretching it when the connection to people I talk to is "They're an ex-church member family's distant friends' daughter's high school classmate." As opposed to "we grew up together." Errgh. But I am very glad that the Lord has put me here, and He is giving me grace to follow Him. And pretty soon classes will start and I will fondly remember these memories of boredom. So, now that I have used this blog to release, analyze, and deal with my emotions, I will retire.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't grow up with you; do I count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably grown up an inch or so. Anyway, you're still simple to connect: "Friend from school." Or maybe, considering I'm, well, was, homeschooled, that doesn't make any sense after all. Whatever. It's 4:30, and I'm in Mills 150 wondering if the professor forgot about the class completely, or is just half an hour late and getting later. There are lots of us firing up dos-prompts and Java frameworks, such as Eclipse. Mmmm-mmm. But no prof. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profs are highly overrated...classes will dull your mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.