"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther

Monday, July 07, 2008

Creative Tongues

Consider the following article:
New Dictionary Words

Does it seem strange that new words are coming into being? It is quite to me to consider that they are now, but before, were not. If any of us went back in time and used them, they would be meaningless, dead. I find this poetic.

I wonder how much it has to do with being made in the image of of the Creator who spoke the world into being through words, or "The Word." Words, communication, and creation ("and stories!" interjects the author in me) seem linked in the actions of God.

Finally, I wonder if there are articles out there about the words that are disappearing, dying, so that if we went into the future and used them, no one would know what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.