"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas


Kindness and generosity without measure or desert continues to pile onto me. I am grateful, but compared to the magnitude of the gifts and the love it's like I don't even notice them. I am the richest man in the word, and in he moments when I am sane I am the happiest. But I continue to sin. I commit adultery in my heart. I murder in my heart. I worry so much. I judge. I doubt. I fail to love. I think of myself. Truly I am the worst sinner this world has ever seen. I despise myself and long to be made new. What hope of that? Christ has come in the flesh. He is committed. No half-hearted effort here. He has entered my world. He is taking it by storm.

Brightest and best of the sons of the morning, why must you of all come for us? Why the best, most perfect son?

His coming was a sign, for God had taken the likeness and ways of man, but especially his weakness. Later he would take on the tongues of men. He came with prophetic powers, seeing into the hearts of men. No mystery seemed beyond him, and though many challenged his knowledge they could doubt neither his authority nor his wisdom, for he abided in his Father.

He had all faith, and all he asked of the father was granted.

From the beginning he gave away all he had, becoming a human child, not counting equality with God a thing to be grasped.

Then at 30 he gave away all he had again to begin his ministry.

Then at 33 he gave away his right to protect his own life, to run from evil, to summon down legions of angels to his defense.

He delivered up his body to be burned.

But if he had not love, he gained nothing.

But he is patient. 25 years with me. 33 on Earth. 3 with his disciples. 2000 with his church.

He is kind. He does not envy or boast. He is not arrogant or rude. He does not insist on his own way. He is not irritable or resentful. He does not rejoice with wrongdoing, but He rejoices in the truth. He bears all things, O God He bears all things from me. He believes all things; O God He believes all things for me. He hopes all things for me. He endured all things for me. He endures all things from me.

His love never ends.

Now I see him in a mirror dimly. Then I will see him face to face.

Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

God is love. Faith, hope, and love abide. God has come to Earth. The invasion has begun, The Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Turn away from your sins and believe in the one God has sent. He will forgive you and heal you and bring you into His Kingdom. All the Earth is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.