"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Meists Miss the Point

Another, even better worldview illustration is that there are really only two worldviews, Theism and Meism.
The Meist worships himself. What he believes is supreme, and, whether he actually burns incense to himself or to another "god", he still does it all for himself. If he sacrifices to help others, he has a selfish motive. If he gives up his life for others, it is so he will look good.
The Theist is alive, having seen the one in whom is Life, "and the life was the light of men." The Theist knows that God became a man and died for him, and He knows the God that became a man and died for him. He loves God. If he does anything for himself, it is so God will be glorified. If he sacrifices for others, it is in obedience to God. If he gives up his life for others, it is because his God, Brother, and Dearest Friend did the same for him.

6 comments:

  1. So are you waiting until you get comments on this post before you add up another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because your explanation for my actions fits my actions does not indicate that my actions were conducted according to that pattern.
    Quote: Secret Agent Man:
    "Do you know him well?"
    "well, you know."
    "No."
    "Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joben, what on earth does that quote have to do with anything remotely on this planet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is random. Nice quote though. I like the post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In answer to Hope's question: Post WWII, pre-star wars television. James Bond. Humor. Homonyms. Loneliness.
    That's what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just because I post to your blog isn't because of your blog, I was going to post here anyway and your blog happened to be here.

    ReplyDelete

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.