"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I am blessed beyond belief.
I'm sitting in a really nice house, my really nice family is getting up to start preparing a really nice Christmas celebration. I'm using my dad's really nice computer to write this, without any concern about bad things happening in my really nice neighborhood in my really nice town in my mostly awesome state in my comparatively unbelievably great country, in this modern world which has more wealth and amazing good things than any other ever has. I'm enrolled in a really nice college, have lots of really nice friends, a complete lack of enemies, really nice or otherwise. Outside the windows is an exquisitely beautiful world. God has blessed me so much in my life.
But that's not why I'm blessed beyond belief. I'm blessed because God sent His Son to Earth, and His Son came willingly, fully aware of why He was coming.
He came to die so that an ungrateful wretch of a person like me could escape the just punishment for what I have done. He deserves more honor and glory than I can ever give Him.
Thank God for sending Him! Thank God He came, because I am so proud of all the things He has given me, and so thankless for them, and so undeserving of them. I need a Saviour very much, and He fills that need perfectly.
His coming is good news for all people. He died for all who ever have, or do, or will believe in Him. He came because He loved us, not just to save us, but to adopt us into His family.
Truth is stranger and better than fiction.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how things come and go, and ebb and flow, without our control over any of it...

    Had I not been sitting waiting for my parents to finish some things, I wouldn't have read this tonight. And I really needed too.

    Thanks, Joben. This came very timely for me.

    ReplyDelete

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.